Please read carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. Once you begin your tour, by default you accept these standard terms and conditions.
Once Galicia Unveiled and/or Viajes Deza confirms your booking a contract is made between Viajes Deza and you upon the terms and conditions set out below. Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza hereinafter referred to as ‘we’, will only confirm your booking once we have received full payment for your tour.
1. Enquiries will not be considered firm bookings. If you contact us with preferred date(s) of travel and/or any queries, we will contact you back with all the relevant information and final quote (if applicable) before you make any payment.
2. Once full payment is made you will be allocated a place/places on the particular tour and a confirmation emailed to you. This is your confirmation of booking. This should be printed and saved for own reference.
3. Once you begin you tour, you accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
4. We accept no responsibility for incorrect email or inability to deliver email. If your confirmation does not arrive on time or at all, then you must ask us to resend the email confirmation of the tours you have paid for.
5. All phone bookings will be confirmed by email.
6. We reserve the right to sell any places reserved without full payment or a deposit.
7. It is the responsibility of the passenger/customer to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of their travel documents.
8. Payments will be made through our secure payment platform, using the credit card of your choice.
1. A basic passenger/civil liability insurance (“tourist insurance”) is included in the price, as regulated by law. This insurance covers only contingencies related to the vehicle of travel.
2. We take no responsibility for any injuries or loss to you incurred whilst you are taking part in any optional activities that are outside our all inclusive package. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel.
1. Cancellation of your booking must be in writing or by email to Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza. When written notification has been received by Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza a fee of €20 will be levied to cover administration costs.
2. You are entitled to a full refund only if you give us 15 days notice of your intention to cancel.
3. If you choose to cancel within 15 days before the start of your tour, no refunds will be granted. You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability). Permission to do this up to 48 hours before departure is subject to a €20 fee and is entirely at the discretion of the Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza management.
4. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
5. In the case of a private group booking or a private bus hire we would require 4 weeks notice of cancellation and a €20 administration fee.
6. Tours already booked cannot be cancelled and rebooked where special offers are made available.
1. Any refund which has been agreed with the management of Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza can only be refunded by bank transfer, it cannot be carried out using a credit card.
2. Refunds may only be made to the bank account of the person to be refunded. This cannot be done by credit card and the onus is on the person to be refunded to provide bank account details, IBAN and swift code with email proof on any overcharge.
5. Changes by us
1. We reserve the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value.
2. Once your booking has been confirmed we will make every effort to provide you with the booked arrangements but reserve the right to alter or cancel the whole or part of the tour in the event of happenings outside the control of Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza. Reasons for doing so may include but shall not be limited to such force majeure matters as extreme adverse local weather conditions or weather warnings, natural disasters, civil strikes or conflict, terrorist activity, fire, flood conditions and similar. No compensation will be paid for force majeure cancellations.
3. We are constantly striving to make our services and tours even more brilliant than they are perceived by many to be, therefore should attractions open or become open to us, that we feel will enhance your experience of our beloved motherland then we reserve the right to include these in your best interests.
4. We reserve the right to decrease the price of our tours at any time.
5. We reserve the right to launch amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
1. You must obey the laws of the Autonomous Community of Galicia, the Kingdom of Spain and the European Union whilst travelling on our routes. We would ask you to show respect to the many diverse customs that exist in Galicia. If you do not do so, you may be asked to surrender your ticket, which may be cancelled without any refund. It is our representative who will decide to cancel your pass or not and their decision will be final.
2. Your appointed Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza tour guide or driver may need to make a decision in the interests of safety. It is a condition of bookings that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza. If you do not comply with the said representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of members of the tour, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. We cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
3. Boisterous or unruly behaviour will not be tolerated. Likewise, customers under the apparent influence of alcohol or other substances will not be permitted to start and/or continue their tour. In such a case we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs.
4. It is your responsibility to meet your tour at arranged points. Because of the nature of the service, Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza will not be liable if any service leaves or arrives later than its specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service. Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza will endeavour to ensure that departure and arrival times are met.
7. Pick up points and transportation
1. All of our tours depart from locations clearly specified in our website (see “Routes” section). It is your responsibility to be at the designated location at the specified date/time. If in doubt, please contact us before the date of travel.
2. Pick up times (when applicable) are approximate and dependant upon traffic conditions.
3. We may arrange hotel pick-ups for your convenience – if feasible – at our discretion.
4. For road tours: We strive to provide modern and top of the range vehicles, in association with Autocares Cuíña and Autocares Rias Baixas. These local companies, in operation since 1926, have a very strict quality control policy, as evidenced by a number of independent official certifications of excellence.
5. All vehicles on regular road tours are operated by professional dedicated drivers. On those tours, you will be accompanied by two staff members: a driver and an official tourist guide. Different arrangements might take place for custom or private tours which, in any case, will be specified in writing by Galicia Unveiled.
8. Your obligations and responsibilities
1. Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza tours are aimed at visitors to Galicia who are 18 years and over, or minors who are accompanied by responsible adults. We strongly advise against bringing small children due to the very nature of the trips, which may involve relatively long driving times without stops, or visits to locations with no immediate services or facilities.
2. You must inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences. Please be advised that we might visit locations relatively removed from medical centres.
3. When meals are included, you must inform us in writing of any dietary, health or allergy related considerations, or preference for vegetarian or vegan food.
4. It is your responsibility to have all necessary visas, passports, permits and certificates required for your selected itinerary as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
5. During your tour, your tour guide may take photographs and films of you (as part of a group) while you are a passenger. These may be used in our group brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films. Please do indicate explicitly if you do not want to be a part of that, as that is your right.
6. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid at the time direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions.
7. The Galician way of life is one of enjoying life, relishing and respecting other people’s company. We would ask you come to our tour with a positive frame of mind, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times you must show courtesy and respect to your driver and guide and, more importantly, the other tour members. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the tour at the management’s discretion.
1. In the highly unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza please inform the Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza representative at the time. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately or during your trip after the representative’s best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday, but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza will not consider any claims after the 30-day period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
10. Weather Conditions
1. Galicia has a mild climate in general but it is located, after all, in Atlantic Europe. Therefore, rain is no stranger any time of the year and more severe weather conditions (including gales, icy roads and snow) can happen depending on the season. Nonetheless, tours will still take place unless otherwise prohibited by the relevant authorities. It is your responsibility to get informed before you travel. You can find more information about this on our website (“Visit Galicia” / “Practical Information” / “Where and when” sections, and on the Galician Government’s official weather service Meteo Galicia).
2. Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions. No ticket can be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the delivery and implementation of our itinerary.
3. If weather conditions do not allow for safe access to a specific site, we will strive to offer a suitable alternative, when possible.
4. Weather-related restrictions or cancellations entitled with a partial or full refund may be considered only in the event of an official orange or red alert, issued by Meteo Galicia for the area of your visit. This will be done at the discretion of Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza.
11. No Smoking Policy
1. We do not permit smoking on any of our vehicles.
2. Please note that smoking is not permitted in most establishments in Galicia, unless specifically indicated in clearly designated areas.
1. The booking conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you and Galicia Unveiled. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer of Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza.
2. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by Galician and Spanish law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your holiday will be dealt with by the Courts of the Galician Autonomous Community only. Changes to these booking conditions will only be valid if agreed by Galicia Unveiled in writing.
3. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our Internet advertising, brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however Galicia Unveiled/Viajes Deza cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
4. Galicia Unveiled is an independently managed project, brought to you by Viajes Deza, an officially registered and fully licensed travel agency (XG-37) since 1985:
(main office) R/ Michelena 25, 36001 Pontevedra (Galicia), Spain;
(branch) R/ Almuíña 12, 36900 Marín (Galicia), Spain
Ph. +34986850462 (main Viajes Deza office – service in Galician and Spanish only); +34657745075 (Galicia Unveiled proper – service in English, Galician, Portuguese and Spanish).
– – –
Do contact us for any questions or further information.
You can download this document in pdf format > here <