Departure COMPOSTELA (Praza de Galicia – bus stop/taxi rank, next to Santander bank) 9:00
– Monte do Seixo (with 15 minute stopover in Cerdedo). The drive to the mountains is well worth it in itself and surely, once we get there, you’ll have lots to think about. We’ll be welcomed by a controversial wind farm located right where megalithic treasures still stand in defiance, such as Portalén, or Gate to the Beyond. “The Sacred Mountain of the Celts” is an area of undisputed archaeological and ethnographic importance, where tradition and modernity might not mix well… Still, you’ll see it all and draw your own conclusions.
– Pedre (Cerdedo) is yet another hidden gem. We are in stonemasons’ territory – meaning this was their home – so you can imagine the beauty and quality of the granite constructions, including the most traditional hórreos (granaries). Let’s hurry, because this is a part of Galicia that might sadly disappear one of these days.
We’ll get here driving along the stunning valley or Quireza, just to be treated to some Galician food and enjoy a well deserved rest after it all.
– Parque Arqueolóxico (Campo Lameiro). Thousands of years ago, that’s when the rock-art you’ll see was made. The stone speaks louder than any book could, telling you the story of the emergence of a powerful and sophisticated civilisation. Don’t be fooled into thinking those were “cavemen”, far from it. The sheer numbers, strong symbolism, and knowing what happened afterwards, will send shivers down the spine, knowing we’re in the presence of true remains of another, really remote, time.
– Pontevedra. Imagine a perfect city, designed for people and quality of life. Well, Pontevedra comes close to it. This award-winning little city will surprise you with its lively stone-paved pedestrian streets, cosy squares and harmonious architecture. Better come now before everybody knows about it, because this place will eventually be on all tourist guides!
Return to Compostela 18:00 (approx.)
€120 p.p. (5-9 people)
€65 p.p. (10-19 people)
€50 p.p. (20+ people)
Price includes: Transportation (with dedicated driver) in quality van/minibus, and official tour guide (full access) with extensive academic background.
Basic passenger insurance (“tourist insurance”).
Lunch in a traditional Galician house (typical local food).
Permits/Entrance to sites. All taxes.
How to book? CONTACT US with your preferred date(s) of travel and we’ll start organising the group, giving you a quote based on the number of people taking the tour. You won’t have to pay anything until you’re fully satisfied with all the details. Only then, payment will be formalised through our secure payment platform.
We’ll also be happy to give you a quote for groups of less than 5 people and personalised tours.
Click here or search through the menus at the top of the page for more routes, services and options.
Add-ons to this route (please consult availability and prices):
- Pedre – Serrapio walk (+1 hour): We can go there and back right after lunch. It’s a bit steep and it might be wet, but it’s definitely beautiful and full of charm. Put on your walking boots because once in Serrapio we’ll learn more about the small valley in front of us and its fascinating evolution through time, from the Bronze Age to its near extinction nowadays.
Please read our Terms&Conditions for further important information (if you book with us we’ll assume you’ve read, understood and accepted them).